Preventing future wildlife problems is arguably the most important step of our control services. Your technician will implement a prevention plan that is created for your specific problem at hand. This method will ensure effective results and keep your home safe from future wildlife invasions. Call Critter Control of Toledo to schedule your appointment today!
Wildlife Prevention Methods
Here at Critter Control of Toledo, there are two types of prevention methods that we use: habitat modifications and exclusion techniques.
Habitat modification will keep wildlife animals from finding food, water, and shelter on your property. Here are some of the methods our experts use:
- Removing food and water sources
- Getting rid of bird feeders and birdbaths
- Keeping pet food and water dishes inside
- Keeping brush piles and dead trees to a minimum
Exclusions techniques are barriers that can be installed to prevent wildlife animals from being able to enter your home. Exclusion methods may include:
- Sealing entry points
- Placing screens over vents
- Establishing other barriers to intrusion from wildlife
Animal Exclusion Points
Depending on your wildlife problem, your technician may use one, or multiple, prevention methods. Each technique is chosen specifically to prevent your wildlife problem, no matter how smart the wildlife may be. Your technician can use any or all of the below prevention methods to keep wildlife out of your home:
- Chimney capping — Adding chimney caps and screening can prevent animals from falling in or nesting
- Plumbing vents — Animals seeking shelter can become stuck in plumbing pipes
- Roof & fascia spaces — Poorly sealed points between roof & fascia invite animal entry
- Roof vents — Lightweight, flimsy vents should be replaced with heavy secure roof vents
- Oven & bathroom exhaust vents — Adding screening to vents helps keep animals out
- Roof/soffit intersection — Securing gaps will help prevent animal chewing and entry
- Holes in siding — Repairing & reinforcing holes will discourage animal infestation
- Porch & deck — Durable screening around base prevents nesting animals
- Trees & landscaping — Removal of overhanging tree limbs and encroaching vegetation
If you are looking to critter-proof your home, call Critter Control of Toledo today. We can help keep wildlife out of your home, and keep you and your family safe from wild animals!