Rats living in your crawl space or walls? Disappearing pet food? Dead rats or rat dropping in your attic? These may well be signs of a rat infestation. Call your local Critter Control office today for effective rodent cleanup, rat removal and exclusion services.
NORWAY RAT PROBLEMS
- Norway rats often find their way into buildings.
- Human waste provides them with foodstuffs like meats, grains, fruits, and nuts, so it is not uncommon for the animal to orient themselves around landfills, dumpsters, and trash bins.
- Though Norway rat infestations are common, humans may not be aware of the rodents because they are mostly nocturnal.
- Spotting rats during the day typically indicates a large numbers of the pest are present.
- Norway rats bite and scratch when they feel threatened.
- Bites and scratches leave humans susceptible to any number of viruses, including rat-bite fever, the plague, and lymphocytic choriomeningitis (LCMV).
- The rodents may also carry smaller pests like fleas.
- They damage building foundations and sidewalks and gnaw on a variety of objects, leaving behind unseemly teeth marks.
Control and Safety
- Basic sanitation is essential to the prevention of Norway rat infestations:
- Regularly cleaning buildings
- Sweeping up crumbs
- Mopping liquid spills
- Fitting trash bins with lids
- Sealing food in rodent-proof containers
- Removing clutter from basements and attics
- Sealing any holes in building foundations
- Replacing broken window screens
Trapping and Removal
Once infestations are established, property owners should act swiftly to remove populations as Norway rats multiply quickly. Our trained Critter Control technicians have the necessary tools to remove Norway Rats. Give us a call today!