These large rodents have exceptional appetites, so be on the lookout if you have a garden or crops. Groundhogs are avid burrowers, so they can also cause costly problems to your home's structure and foundation. They can also cause injury to anyone who has the misfortune of stepping into one of these burrows. Luckily, groundhogs don't usually get into homes. Critter Control of Toledo is here to help. Call our office today for more information on groundhog removal, or visit our contact form. We will get groundhogs out & keep them out!
Getting Rid of Groundhogs
Groundhogs are able to cause a significant amount of damage to homeowners' yards due to the burrows that they dig. As soon as you start noticing these burrows in your yard, it likely means that a groundhog is not far away. Call Critter Control of Toledo right away—our groundhog technicians are experienced and ready to take care of your groundhog problem. Some of the methods that we will implement to keep them away are:
- Wire mesh fences can be used to effectively keep groundhogs away from gardens and lawns.
- Fences should be buried at least a foot underground and have outward-facing overhangs at the top to prevent the animals from burrowing underneath or climbing over.
- In some cases, it may become necessary to run the electrified wire around the perimeter of fences.
Common Groundhog Problems in Toledo
Groundhogs can bring a variety of problems to homeowners, such as:
- Severe damage to farms, gardens, and vegetation
- Tunneling under lawns and landscapes
- Burrowing activities wreak havoc on building foundations, roads, driveways, lawns, and embankments.
- Attacks against humans are incredibly rare but can occur. They must be treated as an indication that the animal is rabid.
The Best Groundhog Removal in Toledo!
If you are tired of dealing with pesky groundhogs, we can help you get rid of them—for good. Call our Toledo office today or visit our contact form here for groundhog pest control! Get groundhogs out today.Request a Quote